How to install mastercomfig¶
- Download the mastercomfig VPK files of your choice.
- Go to your Steam library and right click on Team Fortress 2.
- Click Properties…
- Click the Local Files tab.
- Click Browse…
- Navigate to the
- Drag the VPK files into this folder.
- Set these launch options:
-novid -nojoy -nosteamcontroller -nohltv -particles 1 -precachefontchars. For more information, read the launch options customization guide.
If you have any of the following files, you will have to do some extra steps to get them to work with mastercomfig:
autoexec.cfg scout.cfg soldier.cfg pyro.cfg demoman.cfg heavyweapons.cfg engineer.cfg medic.cfg sniper.cfg spy.cfg
- Create a
userfolder where these files are located (most likely
- Drag these files into the newly created
Although not required, if you move any other files (for example,
binds.cfg), you will have to update the
exec command from
exec binds.cfg to
Encountering any issues? See the Quick Fixes guide for help.
Want to personalize your TF2 even further?
- See how you can customize individual settings
- Want to easily customize a bunch of settings at once? Check out the modules system
- Tune your launch options to get better performance and quality for your system
- Get inspired by other people’s custom configs
- Take a look at some other great TF2 modifications
- Optimize your OS to squeeze out even more performance